Monday, June 1, 2009

First Things First!

So, I emailed everyone and asked for suggestions as to what the heck to write about on here. I got lots of great suggestions from everyone! Thank you!!!

Well, I came to the realization that many of you are way behind on the life and adventures of Shawna Rae! So, I'm going to begin with where I'm living! I thought that sounded like a good plan!

For those of you that didn't know, my Dad got a job in Halifax just over a year or so ago. I had been living out in Oakville, ON, but when I heard the news that my Parents were moving back East, I decided that it would be in my best interest to follow suit. So, out to Cape Breton Island I came! I actually used to live here years ago...back in 1997-98, to be exact. And, I've been coming out to this part of Canada since I was little..every summer! So, it kinda just felt like I was moving home.

For those of you that aren't too sure of where Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia is, I looked up some maps on Google!

First, here's North America...I'm in Nova Scotia, which is as far East as you can go in Canada!
Next, here's a map of Nova Scotia! Cape Breton is the Island all the way to the right!
And, last, but definitely not least!, is a map of the BEAUTIFUL Cape Breton Island!
I live in Sydney! Not North Sydney or Sydney Mines...just, plain, Sydney! And I love it here! Of course, I do miss a lot of people from where I've lived before, but I'm pretty good at keeping in touch, so it all seems do-able!

So, on June 15, 2008, I moved into my very own Bachelorette (as I call it!) apt! Yes, I've almost been here for a whole year! Now, if anyone had told me that I'd be living on my own, completely independent, cooking for myself, cleaning up after myself, I don't think I would have ever believed them. I guess I lacked a bit of courage and self esteem! But, it's been almost 1 year and I DID IT!!! Woohoo for me!!!!

So, you ask?, what does this said apt look like?! Well, I came prepared! I have more pictures!!!

Oh, did I happen to mention that I live on the 3rd floor?! Yea, maybe not the smartest idea for someone that hates stairs as much as I do, but I've, pretty much, gotten used to it. I actually like being up so high because I feel safer...I mean, who in their right mind, would climb 3 flights of stairs to steal something that they'd only have to carry all the way down again? So, here is a picture of just the inside stairs..and that's not even all of them! I sure get my exercise living here! As you can see, this is also where I keep all my coats, jackets, scarves, and a little kitty thing for Juno and Bella to play on. Who are Juno and Bella??? Stay tuned, you'll find out in, most likely, the next post!
This is my wonderful computer desk! I spend much of my time here, whether it's spent online or watching movies...I just wish I had a nice, big, comfy desk chair to go with it all. But, it's all good, I make do with what I've got!
This is one of my favorite posters!!! World's Great Troublemaker - ME?!?!? Who woulda thought?!
Here's my closet door...yes, my one and only closet in the apt! I would have taken a picture of the inside, but it's just full of 'stuff'...you know! Typical closet! And, yes, that is DEFINITELY a calendar of Grey's Anatomy! BEST show EVER!!!
This is what I like to call my 'sitting area'/bedroom! I think I have my apt perfectly arranged!!! You see, I can lay in bed and watch TV or, this is so exciting!, I can swivel the TV around and sit on my very comfy couch! I know, I know, life doesn't get much more exciting than that! And, yes, that is SpongeBob!!! He rules! Oh, and the Party sign!!! It's a must in my apt! :)
This would be a picture of one of the hottest guys out there...you guessed it!!! JOHNNY DEPP!!! Oh, and my un-made bed. Don't tell my Grandma!
This is what I like to call, my 'Party Wall'!!! I've had one everywhere I've lived!
Oh dear...I just realized that my dirty laundry is in this picture!!! Just don't look at it, k?! This is my other, 'not-so-comfortable' couch and 'not-so-comfortable' chair that goes with it. And, just so you know, the chair isn't there anymore...it got moved to the storage area in the basement...it was just taking up space!
Here's my bookshelf that doesn't even hold 1/3 of the books that I own! I LOVE READING!!! And I love Tweety Bird, too!
This is my lovely kitchen area! I have a stove-top with 2 burners, a small-ish sink, 2 cupboard areas to fit all my dishes and food in, a Toaster Over (I never had one of those before here!), and 2 fridges! - there's one hiding under my stove-top!
These are my favorite mugs that I drank home-made hot chocolate out of all winter long! The one on the far left is what I call 'My Special Mug' - Kristie gave it to me right before I moved here...almost all the important people in my life from Oakville signed it! I LOVE IT!!! The next mug says, 'Forget Love, I'd Rather Fall For Chocolate' - this was from Teresita...a house-warming gift! I got the 3rd mug from a swap that we had at church one night in Oakville! It says 'Budda Boom Budda Bing'...and it's from East Side Mario's! I think that makes me cool for having it, right?! The last one in the row is my heart mug from Laura! There are only a few of these in existence, (well, that I know of, anyway) and Laura loved me enough to give me one when I left Oakville! I feel the love whenever I look at these mugs!!!
Oh, this is just getting better and better by the minute, eh?! Yes, I said 'Eh'!!! This would be my bathroom...and, yes, that's a litterbox...I share the bathroom with my little roommates!
I love this poster of the Lighthouse!
My gleaming, white tub!!! Oh, and Juno, but you'll hear all about her in another post! I LOVE my tub!!! I don't have a shower because the ceiling is slanted...I didn't think I'd like it too much, having to get used to taking only baths, but I LOVE IT!!!

Well, there you have it! Now you know where I am! I'll fill you in on my Roommies in a soon-to- come post! But, for now, that's it for this one! Hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. This is very cool! How about info/pics of Sydney. It seems like it could be a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Depp??? Ugh. He sure likes to leech off the American market and then turn around from France and criticize the very source of his financial well-being.

    ReplyDelete