Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The story that brought me Juno!!!

As I mentioned in a previous Post, I would, now, like to tell you all about my friendly, furry companion, named Juno!!! Before I go into long detail of our uniting, I would like to share a picture of her...I imagine you will fall in love with her, just as I did!!!


Well, I decided to go on a little trek with Diane, Carl, and Bethany MacKinnon - they were on their way up to Halifax so that Di and Carlos could go and see Elton John in concert and Bethany was going along for the ride...and to see her sister, of course! Oh, and to spend time with a family friend!

Anyway, they seemed happy enough to have me along for the ride, as well, so...off we went! We arrived at my Parent's house on Saturday afternoon! And, so, the adventure begins...

My Mom had it all planned out...we were going over to cousin Alice's for dinner! I remember my Mom telling me that Alice's cat had recently had a litter of kittens and I was pretty excited to be able to see and play with them! Although, when I asked Mom if she still had the kittens, my Mom replied, "Um, I'm not really sure...she may have a few left." Good job, Mom!!! Perfect set-up!!!

So, off we went to Alice's! As soon as we got there, I asked about the kittens and was happily surprised to find that all of them were still there! How exciting! They kept me busy until dinner time...they were so cute and playful! We ate dinner, which was so good!!!, and, back to the kittens I went.

I had been playing with them for a while, when, totally out of the blue, Mom said, "Shawna, would you like to get an early birthday present now?" This seemed to be totally out of character for my Mom...I mean, come on!...we were at Alice's for dinner and my birthday wasn't for another 6 months, at least! So, with a puzzled look on my face, I said, "Huh? Now? Why?"

And the surprise came...

"Well, with winter coming soon, your Father and I thought that it would be a good idea for you to have some company." - Mom

"Huh?" - Shawna, totally confused and oblivious!!!

"Dad and I want to give you one of Alice's kittens as an early birthday present, so that you'll have some company during the winter months." - Mom

"WHAT?!?!? NO WAY!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Which one can I have? Can I take him/her home to Sydney with me when I leave tomorrow? OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! Thank you Alice, thank you Alice!!!!!!!" - a very happy, but surprised Shawna

So, I nearly scared all the kittens away with all my excitement! It wa s alittle bit of a chore to find the 2 that hadn't been spoken for yet. One was out playing...he was all orange and SO CUTE!!! I used to have a cat, named Leo, that was all orange..so, I was a bit partial to this little one. I played with him for a bit and was almost set in getting him...BUT THEN...

Alice told me that I had a choice between the little boy or another little one, a little girl. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't change my mind, but, I figured, I'd better just see the other one...just in case. Well, she was buried in the couch...she loves to cuddle in tight spaces! But Alice dug her out and, as soon as I laid eyes on her, I fell instantly in love! I knew she was the kitty for me! She had such unique and beautiful coloring...there was no way that I could say no.

So, long story short, I got to take her home that day and brought her back to Sydney with me, the next day.

Oh, I guess I should tell you how I came up with her name, eh?! My Parents and I went straight to Walmart from Alice's to buy all the necessary things for a new kitten - carrier, food dishes, food, litter box, toys, etc! Well, everyone in Walmart wanted to see her and thought she was just the cutest little thing! But I hadn't named her yet! So, I asked a few people throughout my strolling in Walmart if they had any ideas as to what to name her and, a totally random lady said, "How about Juno?" I thought about it for about 2.5 seconds and realized that was the PERFECT name for my new, little baby girl! It has a deeper meaning, of course! My bestest girlfriend, Kristie, and I had a favorite song from the movie, 'Juno' called 'Anyone Else But You'. Well, I, obviously, couldn't name my kitten the name of the song, so naming her 'Juno' seemed just perfect! So, thank you to the random lady in Walmart for suggesting this name!

I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed having Juno!!! She's so much fun and a bit of a troublemaker, but I love her just the same! She's great company and a really good snuggler!!!

Here are some pictures of her when she was just a little, itty, bitty kitten!

Here we are, snugglin' on Georgie's couch!

I was in Hospital for a bit, so Georgie took care of her for me. This is one night when Georgie was AWESOME and brought my little baby to visit me! Look at that cute, little face!!!

It always seems to be, that when Mommy is on the computer, Juno comes over and INSISTS on being held...especially when she was small like this! What a cutie, though! How could I resist?

This is the usual!

Tunney really loves my little baby girl! Look how small she is! She grew up so fast!!!

Georgie said she had a bit of a rough time when it came to Juno and the Christmas Tree...here's the evidence! Look at that devilish look on her face!


Well, my baby girl grew pretty fast! Here she is doing one of her favorite thing! - drinking out of my bathroom sink! Better than the toilet, don't you think?!


Sometimes Juno finds herself up in high places...such as, on top of my kitchen cupboards! There's no way that I can reach her up there, so it's up to her to find her own way down! Sometimes that turns into quite the challenge!



Here she is at her usual perch...on top of my nice, warm monitor! She loves to chase around the mouse from up there! I'm glad it keeps her entertained!


This often happens when Mommy spends too much time on the computer and isn't paying any attention to poor, little Juno. She really has a way of speaking her mind through her actions!


Juno sometimes finds the strangest places to hide out! One day, she had opened my top drawer (and, yes, it's my sock and underwear drawer, of course!) and I found her comfortably laying like so! Cats are so silly!


Juno LOVES to lay on my radiators!


Look at that gorgeous body!!! Pretty colors!!!


If I leave my closet door opened, for any amount of time, this is the outcome. I kept on calling for her one day and couldn't find her for the life of me! Well, go figure, she was up on my highest shelf in my closet!


I try to leave this window open for Juno! She loves to hear what's going on down below!


Well, there you have it! That's my baby girl! And, stay tuned, I'll tell you all about Bella soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment