Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

Hi Everyone! First off, I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to any Fathers that may be checking up on me through my blog! Hope you had a great day!!! Especially to my Dad, Grandpa, and all my Brothers...some the most important and influential Dad's in my life!!!

Now, on to my 'Positive Listings' for the day!!!

1. I don't know why, but, for whatever reason, I'm feeling grateful for the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars!!! Here are some of my reasonings...

The Sun...

Well, there are the obvious reasons - it looks nice in the sky, it brings warmth, and it makes everything bright! I guess those reasons, however obvious they may be, nurture my love for the Sun!!!

The Moon...

Whenever I look at the Moon, I always think of a 'certain someone'. Especially, if that Moon happens to be a Full Moon!!! You see, when I was living in New Hampshire, I remember this particular night. I had been chatting, on the phone, with this 'certain someone', after having what seemed to be a 'rough' day. She asked me if I could see the Moon from where I was, at that moment. I said, 'No, in order to see it, I'd have to go down 2 flights of stairs, to look out the back door.' She said that I'd better get up and get down there. Grudgingly, I made it down those stairs, opened the back door, and found the Moon, through the trees, in the backyard. I told my friend that, 'Yes, now I'm looking at the Moon.' This was her reply...'Good, I'm looking at it, too.' WOW!!! I surely wasn't expecting to hear that...it made my night!!! And, ever since, whenever one of us happens to notice the Full Moon, often, one of us will call the other and ask if they noticed the Moon. And, always, the other has. And, even though I live within close proximity to this friend now, the Moon will always hold a special place in my heart because of that night, so many years ago.

The Stars...

There's just something about looking at the stars that helps me think of my Heavenly Father. They look so beautiful up in that big, dark sky.

2. While on the topic of things that remind me of important people in my life, there is a certain song that reminds me of a good friend that passed away, recently. It is called 'Never Alone' by The Rankin Family. I decided to copy down the lyrics, so that you'd all know what I was referring to...here they are..

Never Alone

May the Angels protect you and trouble neglect you
And Heaven accept you when it's time to go home
May you always have plenty, the glass never empty
And know in your belly you're never alone

May your tears come from laughing, may you find friends worth having
With every year passing their worth more than gold
May you win but stay humble, smile more than grumble
And know when you stumble you're never alone

Never alone, never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly, this isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

Oh, I have to be honest as much as I wanted
I'm not gonna promise the cold winds won't blow
So when hard times have found you, your fears surround you
Wrap my love around you and you're never alone
Never alone, never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly, this isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

Never alone, never alone
I'll be in every beat of your heart
When you face the unknown
Wherever you fly, this isn't goodbye
My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

My love will follow you, stay with you
Baby, you're never alone

I just so happened to hear this song, shortly after I found out about my friend's death. I found so much comfort in listening to this song. I miss her so much and, sometimes, I forget that she's not with us anymore. But, then, I remember that she is still with us, just in a different way. And, the Stars, help me to remember this.

If you'd like to listen to this song, you can go to The Rankin Family's Website...

http://www.therankinfamily.com/

You will find, on the left, a 'Music Player'. Click on the Title, 'These Are The Moments' and this will bring you to 'Never Alone'. It's really a very beautiful song...I had many a good cry just listening to it. Hope you enjoy it, too!

3. I am thankful for memories. I could go on and on and on about this topic, but, I'm going to keep it simple...I am thankful for memories.

4. I got to sit with my Dad in church today! He doesn't get down to this area too much, so it's a treat whenever he does manage to get down...and, it made it all that much better, because it was Father's Day and I got to be with my Dad!!!

5. I am grateful for technology and this little thing they call a Cell Phone...

That's my exact phone, too! I would be absolutely lost without the ability to be in touch with the ones I love and care about by simply dialing a Phone #. We are truly blessed!!!

Well, that's it for my 'Sunday Night Review'...hope you all have a MAGNIFICENT start to your week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment